Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some very talented peeps!

I've had the greatest week!! Friday was my 26th Birthday! I had an amazing day with my wonderful and beautiful friends.

I received a really lovely present from my new friends Kylie and Lluis that I just had to share with you all.

Lluis is a super talented artist! And he gave me one of his very own creations!
It's a little story titled 'The grasshopper & the mole'
All the drawings were drawn by his genius hands and gosh it really made me feel special to receive one hot off the press!

I'd like to share it and his wonderful blog & website with you!

Here's some photos of my super cute hand made picture book!







Lluis and his super fabulous girlfriend Kylie who blogs at The Curio Cabinet have markets selling their art, and some crazy amazing vintage goodies...

Here's their stall today at Thread Den in North Melbourne!



THE COAT THE COAT!!! I think I need it.

And here's some other bits and pieces of Lluis' works that I was quite impressed by...



Naturally, as there is a caravan in it!





Pinup space-girl? Heck yes!!


(All images are copyrighted and can't be reproduced without permission from Lluis Fuzzhound)


Whilst I'm chatting about greatness, I'd like to mention something that I'm hoping to be a part of some time in the near future.

If you haven't heard of it before, you've missed out!! Try try try to get down to it this time.

It's called Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza - Vintage Furniture & Homewares Show

When? - Friday 3rd June & Saturday 4th June 2011

What Time?
Friday: 12noon - 1pm (Early Birds ONLY - Bookings Essential)
1pm - 6pm (General entry)
Saturday: 8am - 4pm (General entry)

Where? ASHBURTON SCOUT HALL, 337 High Street, Ashburton (Melways ref# 60 E10)

You can read more about it HERE.

And here's the flier too! Tell one and tell all!! I'm pretty excited about it!



I can't imagine how many things are there that I'll want!!



Oh oh and I can't forget how amazing the shops been! I love meeting you all. :)

I've posted a HEAP (And I mean a heap) of photos and updates on my Facebook page I'm so so sorry if I've bombarded your news feeds with TRISH HUNTER FINDS TRISH HUNTER FINDS!!!
I've triedddd to keep it to a minimum but I am just way too excited!
Okay I'll shush now, this is a massive post!

I'm going to try my luck at a video blog next week! Eeeep I'm nervous...
We'll see how I go.

Stay tuned!

Trish x

3 comments:

V @ Invaluable Valuables said...

Hi Trish,
Great blog & congrats on your adorably cute caravan at Camberwell Markets.
I am in Western Australia & am coming on an op shopping / vintage adventure flying from perth & driving from melb to sydney via gippsland... sadly I wont be in Melb on a sunday but if you know of any " Must Not Miss" stores, auctions, sales coming up like the one you have posted today but for September please drop me a line though my blog.Cant wait to load up my suitacase while I am there .. Cheers Ms V :)

the curio cabinet said...

Trish!! Thank you SO SO much for the lovely words about Lluis & I - You're too kind!!

Do you want to try on the coat before I list it on ebay? hehe... How's that for a sales pitch? ;)

Ms V: I am originally from P-town. You will love Melbourne, and the crafty markets.. but in all honesty, after being here for 3 years there really is no place like Perth for op shopping.. Oh how I miss it! Melbourne gets raided & they're onto "retro" here! You should check out the Lost & Found market in Collingwood though, lots of cool stuff there.
Hope you have a fun holiday!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you Trish for last Friday....I'm GLAD your Friends spoiled you....!!

We're HOPING you're able to participate in the NEXT Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza too....I can just see you sweet caravan parked outside the door welcoming our guests as they arrive....!!!!!

Have a WONDERFUL week & I'll see you on Sunday....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Have a WONDERFUL week

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!