Saturday, May 29, 2010

My new little Opshopping friend.

I'd like you to meet the newest member of the Hunter family :)
This is Betty!



Just look at that face would you!

She was rescued by 'The Animal Rehoming Service' or TARS which is a non profit animal rescue service in Melbourne, who does an amazing job rescuing neglected animals and finding them great homes.

She's had a hard life, but it all got better when TARS rescued her from a bad home, and fostered her out to the owners of Fat Helens Vintage shop on Chapel St.
Helen and her Family did the most amazing job bringing back Betty's personality (and boy does she have one!), giving her a loving home, and doing so until the right person was ready to adopt her.

I think it was meant to be!
I mean a dog brought up in a Vintage shop? Surely she'll fit right in at my home :)
And she does. She's currently sprawled out on the floor like she's been here for years, and this is only day two!

We had the most fun game of fetch earlier. She gets so excited runs on her hind legs, smiling away, darting after the ball like her life depends on it! What a darling dog.

If you have time, space, and a heart filled with love to give, call TARS, or go to any dog shelter/pound and adopt a dog who really needs a home. And don't just think about puppies, adopt a dog! They have just as much love, and they're often already trained and ready to go!

Next week Betty and I will be heading out on our first opshopping trip! I can't wait.


Trish and Betty :)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Cuuuuuute!

Poppet said...

oh my goodness....she is adorable! it's great that you got a rescued dog....it should be the only way! I got my hound from the RSPCA four years ago (she was six at the time and very scared) but now she has a wonderful life and I love her with all my heart :)

Yay for lovley dogs....I can't wait to meet betty :)

KANI said...

that is lovely!

Anonymous said...

It's Kazza Trish, what vintage pet things will you buy Betty on your op shopping rounds I wonder?

Pae said...

so cute....your house in look nice. One minute I thought you are in Perth because there are one suburb right next to me. Like your thrift stuff. I love op shop too.

Lecon de vetement said...

Oh my god betty look just like my little clementine!

sad said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!