Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What inspires me?

As you may know I've become a monthly contributor for brand new online magazine "A New Muse".
I was asked today to send through a childhood photograph of myself, with a short description of what inspires me, for their contributors page.

I thought writing what inspired me would be super easy, as I'm so often inspired, and love so many things!
I was wrong. I couldn't pinpoint one thing!

I was stumped. What gives me that inspiring itch?
I know when I'm inspired my toes twiddle, and I get this tightness in my chest that makes me feel I need to do something RIGHT NOW! and I usually do.
I've always been a NOW person. So very impulsive. But I have to do it now, because thats when I'm inspired right?
But what are these inspirations that cause these feelings?
I found it so hard to describe!
So as I sat here in front of my empty Microsoft Word page feeling a little silly that I had no idea how my own brain worked, I started to get bored and look around.
And then my toes twiddled. I was inspired about something.
So I focused in on exactly what was going on and my fingers couldn't type quicker.

"I'm inspired when I see a gap in life that I can get excited to fill...
...and then it snowballs.
A mannequin without a hat leads to -
This mannequin needs a hat.
But what kind of hat?
Maybe I could make a hat!
I could be a hat maker.
Ok so I need a hat block.
I'm off to go shopping for some fabric,
and I better drag out my sewing machine.
The hat may end up being a complete failure, and the mannequin may end up wearing a funky vintage hat I picked up along the learning experience.
But I learned I can't make hats, and the mannequin has some head wear, so my inspiration was fulfilled.
I get many of these inspirations every day.
I love them."


I realised I can't put my inspiration in dot points.
Its like everything I type. A story.

I absolutely loved writing this!
Doing so, was really quite inspiring to myself in itself!
It actually really summed up me, and how I work!
I've never had to try to explain how I work and that is exactly it!
It can be used as a metaphor for so many things that I do.
I have no idea if this makes sense to anyone, but it really did something beneficial to me by writing this, and so I had to try and share.

I'll leave you with the childhood picture I chose for myself haha.



Happy Little Vegemite!


PS: I was posted a couple more different magazine covers I appeared on, so uploaded them to the previous blog if you'd like to look :)
Yay!

5 comments:

Helga! said...

Great pic!! I wish I could remember what it was like to be so carefree like when we were kiddies with vegemite smeared for miles!!
Glad I commented so that you found me!!You rock!!

Helga! said...

Trish,there is an award/tag thingy over at my blog for you that you might have some fun with!!:)

Patty said...

What a cute pic ;)

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Lovely picture, Trish!;-)
The inspiration story is very nice too. It's great to be inspired xx

sad said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!