Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A beautiful book

Yesterday I nicked into a few of my regular opshops, and found the most beautiful book.
I have a few Home Decorator books from the 60's and 70's, but this one is the cream of the crop!
I always look out for them, as their furniture, design, lighting, wallpapers and arrangements are all so well done and interesting.
It is titled 'Modern Interiors Today and Tomorrow' and was written by Emily Genauer.



The book was published in 1942, however most of the images are from 1939.
It's just beautiful and makes me so happy to read.
It's hard fabric cover lets you know you're holding something precious.





Here are some pics from throughout.













Chairs are my favorite of all Vintage furniture. They are so very stylish. I only wish I had room to fill my house with chairs.



Market on the weekend was terrrrrible! Those who also went would have seen the trestle tables being blown completely over, clothing racks breaking and falling over, and stall holders draping themselves over their belongings fearful the wind will ruin their items. I felt so sorry for them, and many of them felt sorry for me!
I wore the wrong outfit.
I am certain most people at that market had copped a glimpse of my undies. I wore a dress with a circle skirt (which catch the smallest wind never mind the biggest.)
It was a disaster. It was so ridiculous I ended up giving up trying to hold it down. I tucked it in my undies (It couldn't possibly look worse than the other view..) and proceeded to ask stall holders if they had any elastic bands I could use to gather the skirt tight on either side. No one seemed to have any, but one lady had masking tape, and proceeded to tape my dress to my legs. That ended up being hard to walk, so I taped the skirt together to make it tight and not pick up wind. The weight of it seemed to work much better, and the looks I was copping I could cope with because it wasn't for ugly reasons haha.
I also ran into a friend who brought down his guitar to have an early morning busk session! I hadn't seen him in ages which was a nice way to end the tornado of a day!




Another thing I bought I got off eBay! It's this fabulous turquoise Mushroom lamp! It's in fabulous condition! and is one of the over 10 lamps in my house that actually have a working globe in it, so will get some good use! I always forget to buy them at coles, I think it's just in the wrong isle! If they were put next to the sticky date pudding I might remember.



I'm currently working on getting some new things in store.
I've put together about 15 collectables ready to go, I just want a few more :)
I'll let you know when they're all up and buyable!


I've also been trying to get in contact with an old blog reader Kazza to say hi, but I can't seem to find your email address. If you read this could you send me an email at the link above? thankssss :) Trish

4 comments:

Love_Again said...

Great looking book! so much awesome furniture.

EmilyKate said...

Oh, I love the embossed fonts on the cloth cover! What a great find.

trishhunterfinds said...

Thanks guys! :)

sad said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!