Monday, January 25, 2010

Fabulous Fryerstown

Hi :)
Last week the Fryerstown Annual Antique fair was held down Bendigo way. It's the biggest antique / collectables fair in Australia!
It was so exciting. A group of us drove down, and gosh it was fantastic!
It's out in the middle of a desert like dusty Paddock, (Check out the colour of my feet! Thongs were a bad choice.)





There's hundreds of shop like stalls that set up their amazing wares for up to 5 days.
There's everything from Antique dolls, to Retro Canisters. It's not exactly the place to find a bargain, as the traders know their stuff and their prices. But as a collector, you are almost guaranteed to see numerous items that fit your collection whatever it be, and are happy to pay for.
It was just great to see so many quality goods in one place!
It's also a great learning place too if you want to actually pick up something you've only seen a picture of in a book and feel what it's actually like, it's weight, size etc.
Your body wanted to split in every direction and you had no idea where to start looking!
You couldn't allow yourself to spend your money at the start in fear you'd find something good at the end and couldn't afford it! So you actually couldn't go overboard in spending!
I did pick up a few things. It was impossible to leave without something!







I bought 3 fabulous hats! The last one makes my coke container look like a Coke Slurpee haha.



And also the lampshade to the right!

That night as exhausted as I was, I went and saw my favorite band Camera Obscura with two of my Cousins.
They were great! The first band 'Slow Club' were AMAZING live! I had never heard of them before. But it's the only 'Special Guests' band I've ever seen that got as much attention as the main act! The crowd became massive, and when they had to play an unplugged accoustic, the full venue was silent to try and hear.
Everyone was laughing with them, clapping, dancing, they were so funny, cute and brilliant live!! I had to buy their album, and though it wasn't as good as they were live (rare hey!) it's still pretty good!! Check out their youtubes because they're definitely worth a watch.

I picked up some other goodies during the week too...



You saw it earlier as my new hat stand haha, it's a Coca-Cola Straw Dispenser! I thought it was awesome. No idea what I'll do with it yet, but it works perfectly for hat display so far!



Oh my gosh my FAVORITE little cutie pixie/elf! I just want to squeeze his little porcelain cheeks!





2 Pair of Cat Eye glasses with lovely frames! Both in their original cases with the previous owners name and address all attached to the inside.



1974 Glamour Girl Nudie Calendar for Mayfair Magazine. Pretty cool! I also got two from 1980, but this one was the best!



On the nudie note, I also picked up this fab dish!



An original vintage 'I'm with Stupid' Badge. This is my favorite of all my Badges.



I've been searching for one of these style jackets for well over a year, and I just happened to find two, in completely different places, in the period of a week. The other's the same but brown! I can't wait for winter!



And lastly, my favorite piece... A Robert Indiana screen print of his most well known Pop Art Pieces 'Love' signed with a facsimile signature (Which means it's still original, but produced after 1980.)
I love it!! It suits my house so so much!! And makes me happy to look at it!

I hope you all have a great long weekend and a fabulous Australia Day!

:)

9 comments:

Lecon de vetement said...

I LOVE the second and third hats!!!

Bec said...

Haha thanks for such an informative comment Trish, and yes it does kind of make sense! I love that little pixie and the print looks great in your house :)

Boracay beach hotel said...

I like the print of the plates it’s very sexy. I like the silver design of these glasses, very old and classic.

decorating fabrics said...

Wow! Your feet looks like you’ve been farming the whole day.

Jess said...

Love the plate and the calendar, tres cool! :)

Ingrid Kesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ingrid Kesa said...

Ah, SO jealous of the nudie girl bowl thing and the Love print. Gah!!!

www.latershaters.com

Daniel said...

sick room!

sad said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!