Friday, January 9, 2009

My favorite tree.

I would like to share with you one of my favorite things.
I love my walk to the train station each morning because I get to pass it.
It would have to be my favorite tree.
It never fails in making me smile.
A few days ago I actually smiled at it, like a 'hello' smile.
You know, the smile you do instead of a wave?
I laughed at myself.
It's turning into a real person.

So therefore I'd like to introduce you.



Now take a closer look...



Isn't he fantastic? It's so subtle, I wonder how many times I've passed it without noticing.
It's been done so well too! It's completely 3d, but it blends in completely with the tree, its really real!! Maybe I'm a bit too excited about a tree, but I don't know... It's just so clever.

I imagine him to start picking up apples and throwing them at me. Haha.



It reminded me of one of my favorite conceptual artist 'David Shringley's' pieces.
I have it in a frame somewhere.



I love so many of his photos. I have printed out so many.


Anyway....

So today I met up with a friend, and bless his tired feet, I dragged him to what he thinks is 13 book shops looking for one book. (It so wasn't 13)
The book is sold out everywhere! Carters Everything Vintage 2008 edition.
I've ordered 2006 and 2007, they're all available, I own 2009, but 2008 isn't even available from the publishers. So the hunt began.
Along the supposed 13 book shops, I picked up a few other things too.
I'm a very lucky girl. I spoiled myself with 'new items' which is something I rarely do so I'm not feeling too guilty.
This is what I bought.



Collectors magazines editions 3 & 4. Very pleased. It's my favorite show, and so far, a pretty good mag!



Like I give a frock is a book that I pick up and skim through every time I am early for work in St Kilda. I stroll down to the book shop and nearly buy it every time. Well this time I did and I'm glad. Its a great book.



And last but not least, in the book shop that we continuously passed thinking it wasn't a real book shop and would be hugely unlikely to have anything like it...
Yet again we passed it, on the way to the train station so figured we might as well look.... and what do you know!
THERE WERE 2 COPIES!!! zing!
Trish will have the whole set :)
Very pleased.



I also picked up this crocheted crop top singlety item. It's a little worse for wear so I'll give it some love and hope it turns out okay. I can't crochet (Trust me I've tried. I've even sat and watched youtube videos with a ball of wool and a hook in hand whilst wearing a screwed up nose and dropping some 'Whaaaaat?'s'. My boss too has also tried to teach me but all I can manage is a chain) so I just have to pick up what I can.
It'll look fab with a pair of high waisted shorts! :)

And that was my day.

I'm exhausted, so its bed time for me :)

10 comments:

Fashion Hayley said...

Ohhh Collectors looks like an AMAZING magazine. It's new is it? I need to find myself a copy. The line "shoes shoes shoes one more pair is never enough" is really drawing me in.

Kat George said...

You're the cutest thing ever. I love how much you love things, it's really amazing and beautiful.

xx

Leilani said...

I'm so jealous, I wish we had the 'Collectors' show & magazine in the U.S. I must see if I can hunt down the magazine online.

thevintageyear said...

That crochet top is so cute and I hope you can bring it back to life! Also, well done you for finally finding that book!

Vintage Verve said...

We had one of those trees in my back yard when I was a little girl and I loved it too! I was given the Michi book for Christmas!

Kindred spirits methinks!

xx VV

StrikeMatch said...

Your tree is so whimsical. I can understand why it makes you happy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has 'crazy' things like that. I've seen that 'Like I Give a Frock' book around but I wasn't sure what it would be like. On your recommendation though, I'll check it out.

Fashion Hayley said...

Hey guess what? You won the competition on my blog. Just send me an email with your name/address and I will give it to the people at Polka Dot Rabbit to send you your prize. My email is
lippierced1 at hotmail dot com

Taylor said...

i want one!! soo cute

ChucklovesBob said...

I love that tree, it brings back memories of that show I used to watch in kinder..
Can't remember what it was called though.
Hey! Do you mind if I linked you on my blog?

Missa said...

That tree is awesome! When I was a kid I befriended the big Magnolia tree in our front yard... it didn't even have a face, so I know what you mean.

Congrats on completing your set! I love the illustration on the cover of 'Like I Give a Frock'.

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!