Friday, December 12, 2008

The girdle jeans

Hii.
Today after work I popped into savers.

This is what I wore





I'd just like to pat myself on the back for my jeans. I can't ever find jeans that fit me so when I do I live in them until they look like saggy baggy horrible jeans that only fit after first wash, then they're useless.
ANYWAY, so after yet another lifetime going through racks and racks of drab jeans, I came across these levis bootcut jeans. I hate hate bootcut, but the fit everywhere else was like I was wearing a built in girdle, lifts, tucks, sucks, you name it they do it. I was sold. I swore to myself I'd never ever take in another pair of jeans as I always screw them up, and I end it all frustrated.
But this time, instead of pinning and repinning and getting cranky, I lay the jeans down on the ground, lay my newly washed and correctly sized old jeans on top, and pinned its outline, then just sewed it. I didn't think it would work but hoorah. I've never had a pair of jeans that fit me so good.

And this is what I bought.



Yay, new frypan! And I can't electrocute myself! I've been aching for pancakes!
It's such a heavy good quality one. I can't even warp it if I tried! Its Trish proof.



Eighties Katies dress. Even though I cringe at anything Katies, Millers, or Target, I did like the lightness of it, and I'm a sucker for polkadots. I think I'll be living in this during Summer... if it ever comes.



Love this dress. It will go in the winter pile though.



Fantastic felt bucket hat, are they called bucket hats? Well thats what I've always called them. I always buy things in green as I just love it. I can see myself as that crazy green lady when I'm old. Wearing everything from hairties to shoe laces in all shades of green. I regularly see purple ladies. Handbag, shoes, poncho, blouse, skirt, socks everything purple.





This will also be good for winter. I love the textured detail in the fabric.



I swore myself off buying frumpy nanna dresses because I like the fabric. I really don't need more stuff thrown on my 'to sew pile' but these colours/pattern is so me. I couldn't leave it there. It'll need a lot of work to make it wearable, but I'm tempted to actually do it.... one day.



AND, Ellen from work gave me her cat salt & peppers today. They look lovely on my mantle. Aren't they just gorgeous?


Fewf, my shopping cravings are over... for now.

7 comments:

peaitlreiecnia said...

great, great, great post!

i love everything you found, and your outfit in the very top photo made me smile.

i'm glad you found some good jeans
and slightly salved your shopping addiction
:)

Lavender said...

Great dresses. I've never even contemplated taking in a pair of jeans - although I've gone to town on many pairs with the scissors. They look great on you.

thevintageyear said...

Well done on altering the jeans! I love it when recons work so well!

Caroline said...

That hat! It's so gorgeous...what a great find. I'm also quite smitten with the yellow kitties. So good.

Cute blog, by the way.

Lili said...

hi! i love your blog! i lvoe all these barginas hunts!
i live right near the savers at footscray... I might pop into there and see what I can grab to give my 70s bathroom a cheap retro makeover!

any ideas!?

ldvnicole said...

LOVE

Anonymous said...

This may sound like an unfamiliar cliche but ed hardy clothing bras dont fall off trees. You have to spend your precious ed hardy clothes money, not to mention time, shopping for bras. With this sort of an ed hardy investment, you'll wish to buy some thing that lasts long.Check ed hardy store out these well-liked plus size bras...There are numerous popular brand names in the market, each Ed Hardy UK with their very own designs, styles and variations. Lets take a look ed hardy Swimwear at some from the well-liked brands in the bra market.As one of the most ed hardy Bikini recognized namesin womens lingerie, apparel and personal care products, Victorias Secret is big on bras. Their ed hardy Bikini bra collections are often trend setters and are world well-known.

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!