Thursday, November 20, 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Hello!
Today was a great day at work, because the opshop was choccas with goodies!
I always love opening up because I get there just after the opshop ladies do, and get dibs on the good things before the antique dealers get in.
Today I had a proud moment, as for the first time EVER, I mixed patterns. I didn't get a photo of myself, but I basically wore this scarf, and a stripey tshirt.


I can be so pretty sometimes haha.

Probably the most wrong thing ever (I can't tell, note the whole never ever wearing mixed patterns) See I can't even bring myself to wear a black belt and tan shoes. I'm a complete matchy freak when it comes to clothes, so today was a big step for me.
I would have been queen in the 80's, shoes, belt and bag in every colour from tangerine to coral! ahha, oh well. Today I was proud :)

This is what I bought today.

I've been looking for a hat stand for a long time, and I came across this crappy wooden one for only $6, and I figured its going to be covered in hats and bags and I will hardly see its anyway so it'll do the trick.

Carrying it home was interesting. I felt like I was in a loungeroom everywhere I went, on the train, at the traffic lights, even in the public toilets (I couldn't wait!)



But might I just say, that if I had a Mary Poppins carpet bag, I would carry one with me everywhere! You have no idea how handy it was in that public toilet! The amount of times I've sat down holding/balancing a million things because there's no hook behind the door, and putting anything on the floor is a call for instant disposal, so having a portable hat stand was fantastic!





I also picked up this coloured glass ashtray. (Needs a clean) Glass is probably least known area of expertise when it comes to collectibles. I can't tell one from another, but I'm slowly learning. For one thing I know that colour, weight and design are important. So if I'm going to buy, I make sure it's a desirable piece that I actually like, so if its not valuable, at least I like it.
Although I'm not a smoker, I did buy this. I will use it for something other than an ashtray. But the fact its glass, a weird design, AND an ashtray, for $2 I figured it was a good deal. I think ashtrays will become way more collectible than they are now. Smoking is dying out, and will one day become a thing of the past, therefore making ashtrays very collectible. Yep.


And... zing, I picked up the glasses I wore in the first photo, and these ones!



I already have two pairs of the aviators, but one pair have the AV missing, and the other pair one of its arms fell off :(.
So now I have spare parts!



AND this gorgeous piece of costume jewelery! Love ittt!

Thats all from me! :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The red glasses are cute - also I can't believe you carried that coat rack on PT. You're braver than I would have been.

peaitlreiecnia said...

i love how you find so many AMAZING things, your house must look incredible

and thanks for your comment and your title, i've always wanted to know how that was spelt

:)

honey and lemon said...

That scarf is cute. Can you post a picture of it, a close up?
The hat stand is amazing. You carried it on public. wooah.
The red glasses are cute too.
:)

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!