Sunday, September 28, 2008

Masquerade Ball

Yesterday was another lovely day. Second chance to ditch the jacket and tights and opt for something summery. Loving the warmth, and loving not having to stress about heating bills.
This is what I wore...





This dress I bought last year. It's a lovely Laura Ashley Maxi cut short. Please don't abuse me for doing so. I was young and stupid back then haha.
I kept the cutoff as its so pretty and ruffly so I'm going to look into attaching it somehow. Hmm.
I got to use my new massive bag today to lug all my stuff to Shannons. Very handy yet heavy/too large/awkward, especially when people are struggling to fit around it during peak football grandfinal train times.


Last night was my friend Lauren's 21st birthday.
I haven't been to a 21st in ages, never mind a party with a theme so was looking forward to it.

My favorite part of going out is the getting ready process, I'm so glad I'm a girl.
Makeup, hair, dresses, shoes, bags, the whole lot.
This is how I turned out...



I'm wearing a dress that I bought from a friend when we shared a garage sale. I ended up spending all my profits on her clothes haha. The dress was $5
Also wearing my favorite heals $4
My bag is a patent black 80's bag that was $2
The gloves are Shannons that were $2.50



Shannon made her mask, she's very good at life.



Lauren, the Birthday girl :)



I stumbled accross / stole someones moustache at some stage haha.



And last of all, this is how one turns out by the end of the night when someone who rarely drinks... drinks. haha.
All class.

It was a great night.
Happy Birthday Lauren :)





I'd also like to leave with a word from the wise.
If you bring home a pair of shoes and the sole is coming away, superglue can hold it together quite well. I've done it to a pair and it's still holding strong.
However, when it says 'apply weight' don't use your foot as the weight. There is a chance you will glue your foot to the shoe.
A lesson I wish I knew earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may sound like an unfamiliar cliche but ed hardy clothing bras dont fall off trees. You have to spend your precious ed hardy clothes money, not to mention time, shopping for bras. With this sort of an ed hardy investment, you'll wish to buy some thing that lasts long.Check ed hardy store out these well-liked plus size bras...There are numerous popular brand names in the market, each Ed Hardy UK with their very own designs, styles and variations. Lets take a look ed hardy Swimwear at some from the well-liked brands in the bra market.As one of the most ed hardy Bikini recognized namesin womens lingerie, apparel and personal care products, Victorias Secret is big on bras. Their ed hardy Bikini bra collections are often trend setters and are world well-known.

Anonymous said...

Place one matted light pandora Jewelry left of the area for jewellery, and one to the right. pandora sale Place reflector light near where the camera is. Whatever you do, avoid mixing light types. pandora charms Use only non-fluorescent lights, and isolate your photo 'lab' away from natural light. pandora bracelets To have freedom with many settings that will be a must, we will have to use longer exposures. For longer exposures to pandora bracelet achieve maximum sharpness, we'll need a tripod. pandora bracelets sale Our hand shakes too much, when camera runs at exposition Buy a 'tripod' for You don't need a heavy duty tripod. pandora bangles If your setup will be on a desk, you can chose mini tripod - approx and stand tripod on the pandora necklaces desk as well, or longer tripod, approxand stand it on the floor. pandora beads Two desk lamps with soft light irrelevant if you are using photo tent -- the tent is there to soften the light and reflector light at the front. pandora earrings I keep the cube open at the front, for easier adjustments and photographs, unless jewellery is highly reflective of the image of me taking photograph. Uniform background colour is recommended. White background works great.

My lovely followers

Trish Hunter Finds fans on Facebook!